TOOLS and EQUIPMENT:
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Yield: 5 – 6 Servings
1 medium Zucchini, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
1/2 cup Pineapple, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
1-15 oz can of Black Beans
1 tbsp. chopped Cilantro (optional)
3 tbsp. Olive Oil
2 tbsp. Pineapple Juice
1 tbsp. Lime Juice
1/4 tsp. ground Cumin
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, pineapple juice, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whisk together
- In a large bowl, combine diced zucchini, diced pineapple, and black beans.
- pour the liquid in the small bown over the produce in the large bowl. Toss thoroughly.
- Add chopped cilantro. Toss again.
- Enjoy as a side dish, with tortilla chips or as a topping for fish, chicken, or pork.
- Tip: You can substitute fresh pineapple with canned pineapple in juice. You can use the juice from the can to make the salsa dressing to save money on ingredients.