Kidney Bean, Sweet Potato, & Carrot Burger
TOOLS and EQUIPMENT
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Food Processor or Blender
Stovetop or burner
Yield: 4-5 patties
1 Can 15-ounce Kidney Beans
1 cup Carrots, shredded
1 medium raw Sweet Potato, grated
1 cup whole oats
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 egg, raw (or “flax egg” 1 Tbsp ground flax soaked overnight in 3 Tbsp water)
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp cumin
Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a food processor or blender, place kidney beans, drained and rinsed and pulse beans until well mixed, not smooth.
- Place mashed beans into a large bowl and add the remainder of the ingredients. Mix well with your hands.
- Divide mixture into 4-5 portions and form into patties.
- Cook on a hot, oiled pan or griddle over medium high heat until golden brown. About 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve with pita bread or a salad.