TOOLS and EQUIPMENT:
2 Large Baking Sheets
YIELD: 24 Crisps
12 large kale leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp sugar
2 ½ tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Wash the Kale leaves and dry well. Cut each leaf in half lengthwise. Remove stem and center rib.
- Toss kale with oil in large bowl.
- Arrange leaves in single layer on 2 large baking sheets.
- Combine Cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and sprinkle over Kale leaves.
- Bake until crisp, about 25 – 30 minutes. Check after 25 minutes. Smaller leaves take less time and should be removed first. The larger more wrinkled leaves usually need to bake for a few extra minutes to get crisp.
- Transfer leaves to rack to cool.