Savory Coconut Veggie Bowl
TOOLS and EQUIPMENT:
Measuring Cups & Spoons
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2 large zucchini, diced
3 stalks of celery, diced
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1.5 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut
Salt to taste
Juice of 1/2 a lime
- In a large pan, sauté onions in 1/2 Tbsp of coconut oil over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add in zucchini, celery and any other veggie you might like or need to use up (we used some broccoli). Sauté with the rest of the coconut oil for another 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Stir in black beans and seasonings. Sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in shredded coconut. Sauté for another minute.
- Remove from heat and squeeze in lime juice. Stir gently.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- TIP: Diced avocado makes a delicious, creamy addition to this dish.