TOOLS and EQUIPMENT:
Measuring Spoons & Spoons
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, smashed
2 bunches of Swiss chard, cleaned well and chopped
1/2 cup chick peas
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1/8 tsp dried thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add onions and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Swiss chard and sauté until wilted.
- Carefully drain excess water out of the pan.
- (TIP: you can save this liquid to make a veggie broth)
- Add chick peas and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently stir in pine nuts, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.