Marvelous Mediterranean Cauliflower
TOOLS and EQUIPMENT
Measuring Cups and Spoons
2 heads of cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/8 tsp garlic powder
salt to taste
2 Tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup dried currants or blueberries, soak in warm water for a minimum of 5 minutes for improved texture
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted (use pumpkin seeds for a nut-free option)
2 Tbsp (or a handful) parsley, chopped
- Pre-heat oven at 450F – 475F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss cauliflower in olive oil, garlic powder and salt.
- Place evenly on a greased baking pan.
- Roast until tender and browned on edges (30 – 35 minutes).
- While the cauliflower is roasting, warm the tahini over a low flame. Whisk occasionally.
- When cauliflower is done, transfer carefully to a serving bowl.
- Drizzle warm tahini over cauliflower.
- Sprinkle in the dried fruit, pine nuts and parsley.
- Toss gently.
- Garnish with extra parsley.
- Serve warm and enjoy!