Miso Kale Pesto
Trying to lighten up your dinner but missing a big bowl of pasta?
You have to try this nutrient-packed dish!
2 cups firmly packed, chopped Kale (fresh)
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1-2 small cloves of Garlic, chopped
1⁄4 cup Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp Miso Paste
Salt and pepper to taste
1- 15oz can of Chick Peas (or your favorite bean), drained and rinsed
1/2 Yellow Onion, chopped
1/2 tsp Olive Oil
5 Medium Zucchini, cut into noodles using a spiralizer or julienne peeler
1 tsp olive oil
Salt to taste
- Place kale, olive oil, garlic, lemon and miso in a food processor.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a small pan, heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add chick peas and sauté for 4 – 5 mins.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add zucchini noodles and lightly sauté. Be careful not to over cook them, just cook them enough to make them warm.
- Gently add several tablespoons of the pesto until zucchini are completely coated.
- Gently stir in chick peas and onions.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Tip: You will have extra pesto. It is a great spread on a sandwich, crackers or as a dip with veggies!