Fall Coconut Curry
TOOLS and EQUIPMENT
Measuring Cups and Spoons
YEILD: 4 Servings
4 tablespoons of coconut oil
1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic
1/4 teaspoon whole cumin seed
1 inch of ginger root, cut into several chunks
1 inch of turmeric root, cut into several chunks
1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 sweet potatoes, diced
4 oz of pumpkin purée
1/4 cup milk of choice (almond, coconut, or cows)
1/2 lime, juiced
Salt to taste
- In a medium-size pot, cook onions and garlic in oil. Simmer for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, ginger, turmeric, curry, ground cumin and salt. Stir and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and sweet potato. Stir and simmer with the pot lid on for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin and milk.
- Allow to simmer on low heat with the lid on for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Serve hot over brown basmati rice, your grain or on its own.
- Optional: top with chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes
- Tasty Tip: For best flavor, allow time to pass before eating so that the seasoning can develop in the curry.