Fall Rainbow Salad
This recipe comes from our first ever Recipe Contest, co-hosted by us and Curious Chef! Karen Raspen of Pennsylvania submitted this awesome fall-inspired recipe that’s packed that’s perfect for the holiday season! Thanks for sharing Karen!
TOOLS and EQUIPMENT
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Yield: 4-5 Servings
- Salad Ingredients
1 Large carrot spiralized (smallest blade)
1 Large Gala apple spiralized (smallest blade)
1 Large Beet spiralized (smallest blade)
1 cup whole brussels sprouts before sliced . Sliced in a food processor.
1/4 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- Raspberry Vinaigrette Ingredients
1/4 cup raspberry infused red wine vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp raw sesame seeds
2 tsp real maple syrup
1 tsp dijon mustard
- Blend dressing ingredients first in blender and let thicken while making the salad.
- Spiralize carrot, apple, and beet and place in bowl.
- Slice brussel sprouts and place in bowl.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and top with cherries (and almonds).
- Mix well. Eat immediately OR mix all ingredients except almonds and refrigerate for hour or more. When mixed and allowed to marinate the salad becomes a beautiful red color from the beets!
- Enjoy as a side dish or main meal.