Cous Cous Salad with Peas, Kale, Artichoke Hearts, and Chickpeas
TOOL and EQUIPMENT
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Stovetop and Saucepan (for cous cous)
YIELD: 3-4 servings
2 cups whole wheat Israeli Cous Cous, cooked
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups of kale, finely chopped
1 cup frozen peas
1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed
1 can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, sauté onions & garlic in 1 Tbsp olive oil until onions are translucent.
- Add the kale and sauté for 3 mins.
- Add peas and sauté for 3 mins.
- Add chick peas and artichoke hearts and sauté for another 3 mins.
- Gently mix in cooked Cous Cous and combine completely.
- Drizzle in 1 Tbsp of olive oil and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot or cold and enjoy!