TOOLS and EQUIPMENT:
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Yield: 4-5 Servings
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE VEGGIES
1 cup frozen Green Peas
1 cup Celery, washed, sliced on the diagonal into ½-inch pieces and then measured
1 cup Red Pepper, washed, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch sticks and then measured
1 cup Carrots washed, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch sticks and then measured
2 Tbsp. Canola Oil
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Tbps. minced fresh Ginger
3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE BROWN RICE
1 Tbsp. Canola Oil
½ cup Onion, diced into ¼-inch pieces
½ Tbsp. Minced Garlic
1 cup uncooked Brown Rice
2 ½ cups Water
Salt and Pepper to taste
- DIRECTIONS FOR THE VEGGIES
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the peas, celery, and red peppers and sauté for five minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger and soy sauce and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Do not overcook. Vegetables should still be crisp and crunchy.
- Serve immediately over brown rice.
- Tip: Top with 16 oz diced tofu for a complete meal!
- DIRECTIONS FOR THE BROWN RICE
- In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, add oil and onions. Stir. Add garlic and rice.
- Add water and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until the water is absorbed.