BBQ Beans and Sweets
TOOLS and EQUIPMENT:
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Yield: 3 – 4 servings
3 gloves of Garlic, sliced
1 15oz can of Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
3 stalks of Celery, chopped
3 medium Sweet Potatoes, diced
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
2 tbsp BBQ Sauce
1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 Garlic Powder
1/2 fresh Lime
1 Avocado, diced (optional)
1 tbsp fresh Cilantro, chopped (optional)
Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F and grease a baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, toss sweet potatoes with 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil, cumin, garlic powder and salt.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until fork-tender.
- In a sauté pan, warm 1/2 tbsp coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add celery and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add beans and BBQ sauce. Gently combine and sauté for 3 – 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and squeeze lime juice in. Gently stir.
- In serving bowls, place roasted sweet potatoes, then beans with celery
and top with diced avocado and cilantro.