Triple C CurryCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: ThaiDifficulty: Medium
This quick, tasty stewed recipe features not only 3 ingredients with a “C” it is also rich in VITAMIN C. A perfect dish for a cold winter night to warm your belly and help fight off a nasty cold!
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 head of cauliflower, rinsed and cut into florets
1 – 15.5 oz can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
1 – 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 – 14 oz can of coconut milk, full fat
1 tsp of yellow curry
1 tsp of ground turmeric
1/2 tsp of ground cumin
1/4 tsp garam masala
Salt to taste
Cilantro, chopped (optional)
- In a medium sauce pot, heat 1 Tbsp coconut oil for 1 minute over a medium flame.
- Add onion and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients. Stir to combine completely.
- Partially cover and let cook over a medium-low flame stirring occasionally for 15 mins (or until cauliflower is tender).
- Salt to taste.
- Top with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot and enjoy!