Sweet Potato Cakes with Applesauce
TOOLS and EQUIPMENT:
Vegetable Peeler or Paring Knife
Mixing Bowls and Spoon
Fork or Whisk
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Sauté Pan (non-stick)
YIELD: 4 – 5 Sample Servings
1 lb. Sweet Potatoes (about 2 small)
½ cup Flour
1 Tsp. Salt
2 Tsp. Cinnamon
Canola, safflower, or grapeseed oil
- Peel the sweet potatoes and grate them into a mixing bowl using a coarse grater.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a fork or whisk until blended.
- Add the eggs to the sweet potatoes and mix.
- Add in the four, salt and cinnamon and stir.
- Pre-heat the sauté pan over medium heat. Lightly coat the pan with your preferred oil.
- Place 1 tablespoon portions of the sweet potato mixture in the pan and flatten into a pancake with the back of the spoon.
- Cook on each side until lightly golden.
- Serve warm with applesauce.