Spicy Black Bean, Jicama, and Celery Soup
TOOLS and EQUIPMENT:
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Medium Sauce Pot
YIELD:4 – 5 Servings
2.5 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 medium Onion, chopped
3 – 4 cloves garlic, chopped
3 cups Black Beans, cooked
1 cup Celery, diced
1 Jicama, cooked
3 cups Vegetable Broth
1 Lime, juiced
1.5 tbsp ground Cumin
1 tbsp Adobo Seasoning
2 tsp Ancho Chili powder (more or less depending on how mush spice you like)
Salt to taste
1/4 cup Cilantro, coarsely chopped or finely chopped
- In a medium sauce pot, add coconut oil, onions and garlic. Simmer until onions are translucent.
- Add beans, celery and jicama. Stir to combine.
- Add veggie broth, limejuice, cumin, Adobo, chili powder. Stir to combine.
- Simmer of medium-low heat for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest for at least one hour so that flavors can develop.
- Serve hot and garnish with chopped cilantro. Enjoy!