Raw Asparagus Pesto
TOOLS and EQUIPMENT
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Food Processor or Blender
Yield: 8 Servings
1 small to medium clove garlic
1 ½ cups fresh asparagus, trimmed stems, & cut into 1-inch pieces
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup sunflower seed, toasted
1 Tbs. fresh oregano, packed
¼ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Chop the garlic in a food processor or blender.
- Add the asparagus to the processor with olive oil, sunflower seeds, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Purée to a thick consistency.
- Serve with whole wheat crackers or fresh cut veggies as a dip
- Tip: Try as a dip, sandwich spread or toss with pasta.