2 cups Sugar Pumkpin Peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (Butternut Squash can be used as a substitute)
1 15oz can Garbanzo Beans rinsed
1 15oz can Cannelloni Beans rinsed
1⁄2 cup of diced Onions
1 15oz can diced Tomatoes
1 Carrot, peeled and diced into 1⁄2-inch pieces
1 cup canned Pumpkin Puree
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 tbsp Cumin Powder
1 tsp Chili Powder
2 cups Vegetable Stock
1⁄2 bunch Cilantro, cleaned and chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, sauté the onions and carrots in the olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin and chili powder and sauté for 3 more minutes while stirring.
- Add the sugar pumpkin, pumpkin puree, vegetable stock and tomatoes. Increase the heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the sugar pumpkin is almost tender.
- Add the beans.
- Simmer for 10 more minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Garnish with the chopped cilantro.
- Serve over brown rice or your favorite pasta.