- The best part of basil is that you can grow it without a garden! While it’s true that you can get a bigger yield if you grow is from the ground up, basil is very easy to grow in planter.
- Basil’s fragrant scent and distinct taste are not the only good qualities it has! It provides energy and strength, it had cancer-fighting properties, and it promotes bone health!
For a nutrien-dense twist on a traditional Italian recipe, try our Miso Pesto!
(Delicious Miso Pesto over roasted Sweet Potatoes)
Impress your family with these delicious sports drink: Basil Watermelon Cooler!
- This summer veggie is actually a fruit , as it requires a breeze to pollinate, just like any other flowering plant (ie tomato and zucchini, also on this list). These crisp veggies are a perfect addition to all of your refreshing summer salads!
(An itty bitty baby cuke!)
- Did you know that the phrase “cool as a cucumber” actually has some truth to it? Cucumbers have the ability to cool your body temperature from the inside out! They also help your body fight colds, give you strong bones, and strengthen your heart!
Crunchy and cool, our Radish, Cukes, and Corn Salad is perfect for all your summer spreads!
Brighten your day with our Sunshine Salad!
- Tomato fun fact: In a US Supreme court case, tomatoes were legally determined to be vegetables, even though botanically, they are a fruit!
(Just a small seletion of beautiful tomato varieties)
- With over 10,000 varieties of tomatoes, it’s hard to narrow down just three of its awesome health properties. We did it anyways: they provide strong muscles, give you fast healing power, and give you a happy tummy.
Tasty Tomatoes on Toast is a simple way to snack healthy!
- This awesome plant offers more than one edible component. First there’s the fruit that we all know and love, the zucchini itself, but did you know that you can also eat the blossom?
- Not only can you cook this veggie in a number of interesting ways, it also has a nice offering of health properties! Specifically, it helps grow muscles, gives you nice skin and hair nice, and strengthens the heart!
Our ZPB Salsa is always a hit! Try it with chips or over rice and fish!
Try our Cold Peanut Noodles for a nutrient filled meal!