Here are just a few reasons ginger is so healthy for us:
- Alleviate gastrointestinal distress: It has the ability to relax your intestines and reduce gas.
- Not hungry? Fire up you stomach juices with some ginger!
- Try ginger if you suffer from motion or morning sickness.
- Powerful anti-inflammatory properties: The gingerols found in ginger relieve muscular discomfort, pain, and/or swelling.
- Consuming ginger regularly reduces pain experienced by people with arthritis.
- Clear your body’s airways!
- If you’re feeling congested, ginger can clear your sinuses right up!
- Relieves heartburn
- Relieves migraines: The anti-inflammatory properties of ginger also help here.
- Reduce cancer cell growth: Studies have shown that it is beneficial for certain types of cancer (ovarian and colon).
- Low in calories: There’s only 20 calories in 1 ounce of ginger!
If we’ve now sold you on the whole ginger thing, try this awesome Gingery Soup Recipe! It’s hearty and delicious. The perfect way to warm yourself from the inside out!
1 cup of dry Brown Basmati Rice
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Yellow Curry
1/4 tsp Garlic Power
1/4 tsp of Tumeric
1/4 tsp of Salt
1/2 Yellow Onion
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 cloves of fresh Garlic
1 large Zuccini
2 medium Carrots
1 can White Beans
32 oz of Veggie Broth
8 oz of Water
4 small (1/4 inch) pieces of Ginger Root
4-6 stems of Cilantro with leaves
Cook 1 cup of dry brown basmati rice with 1/4 tsp Cumin Seed, 1/4 yellow curry, 1/4 garlic powder.
In a large sauce pot, saute 1/2 a yellow onion in 1 Tbsp olive oil.
Add 2 minced cloves of garlic and simmer for 3 mins.
Add 1 large diced green squash (or yellow) and 2 medium diced carrots.
Add one can drained white beans.
Add 32oz Veggie Broth and 8oz water.
Add 4 small (1/4 inch) pieces of ginger root.
Add 4 - 6 whole stems of cilantro with leaves.
Add 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp tumeric.
Bring to boil then simmer of medium to low heat for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Take out cilantro stems and discard.
Add in cooked basmati rice.
Serve hot with fresh chopped cilantro leaves.