Our mission has always been to teach children about the importance of eating their vegetables. We very quickly realized that one of the best ways to get the to do that is by getting them in to the kitchen and cooking. Our whole program is based off the idea that if you engage children with food and familiarize them with healthy eating concepts, you can shift their attitudes and create lifelong healthy habits. And that’s why we are so excited to partner with Curious Chef, a line of cooking equipment that’s made to inspire children to cook!
Even better, we’re joining forces with them to bring you the first ever
Veggiecation and Curious Chef Recipe Contest!
Enter the contest if you:
- Are passionate about cooking
- Believe in the power of healthy eating
- Want to bring culinary-nutrition education to your community/school
- Earn money teaching Healthy Kids Cooking Classes
Veggiecation offers an online certification program that teaches passionate individuals and food activists how to teach our signature Healthy Kids Cooking Classes. Our simple formula teaches children about healthy foods and turns cooking into an engaging activity. The lessons are perfect for the classroom, after-school programs, camps, community events, and more!
The winner of the 2015 Recipe Contest will receive the following:
- A 3-hour online training with Veggiecation
- A full set of 34 of our Informational Veggie Posters (available in English or Spanish)
- A Veggieation Apron
- A Veggiecation Tote
- A set of 100 “I Tried It!” Stickers
In addition, Curious Chef will be providing cooking equipment specially designed for tiny hands! Like us, Curious Chef is passionate about getting kids in the kitchen and their cooking equipment makes it perfectly easy for them to begin developing cooking skills.
In addition to receiving our online training, the winner will also receive the following from Curious Chef:
- A Curious Chef Veggie Prep Set
- A Curious Chef Measuring Set
- RSVP to our FoodDay.org event page
- Create an original recipe and take a picture. Make sure it looks yummy!
Check out these examples!
- Recipe must include 1 out of 34 of Veggiecation's original veggie characters (http://veggiecation.com/posters/)
- Recipe should use the vegetable in a unique and new way (for example: zucchini noodles, cauliflower popcorn, kale pesto)